Loan Servicing Specialist - click here to request application
The Loan Servicing Specialist will perform processing and maintenance functions as relates to areas in general account servicing and collections. The Loan Servicing Specialist is also responsible for efficient and accurate processing of loan disbursements, loan booking, loan file maintenance, insurance monitoring, filing, generating and distributing reports, research, and providing quality service to internal and external customers.
The Loan Servicing Specialist will perform duties that aid in the processing of servicing documents and accounting, ensuring transactions are within compliance guidelines. This may include data entry, reviewing documents, tracking, filing, and payment research.
Responsible for loan servicing duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Answering questions pertaining to all areas of loan servicing including payment research, taxes, insurance, loan modifications and assumptions, prepayments, payoffs, adjustable rate loans, credit reporting, and lien perfection
- Payment processing, check disbursements, tax payments, imaging and document management.
- Processes paid loans, releases liens and completes any other necessary steps
- Processes collateral and credit exceptions.
- Provide feedback concerning documentation deficiencies.
- Maintain accurate insurance records for commercial and consumer loan files.
- Researching and analyzing problems including balancing issues, analyzing associated data and recommending solutions to appropriate departments to ultimately resolve variances.
- Conducting periodic audits of files
- May also coordinate property inspections, lien priority and loan disbursements in accordance with loan documentation
- May perform procedures related to advances and pay downs, funds wiring and disbursement process.
- Prepare and assist with creating various reports
- Assist with loan goal tracking and report tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Applicants must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate and keyboarding skills with basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team and be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow instructions with attention to detail and thoroughly research and resolve loan issues
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Experience in servicing loans including Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans with general knowledge in all areas of Loan Servicing and/or Funding preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER