Trust Administrative Assistant - click here to request application
The Trust Administrative Assistant is a full time position involving assistance with trust operations, and includes maintaining and expanding the departments referral sources both inside and outside of the bank.
Responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Senior Trust Officer
- Develop with concurrence of the Senior Trust Officer and bank marketing department development of seminars, brochures, and other mailing pieces to customers and prospects
- Use Accutrust data entry and accessing systems for reports, entering bills for payment, printing reports, investment purchases and sales, dividend and interest entries, balancing and reconciling, and dada sorting
- Coordinating appointments and meetings for Senior Trust Officer with scheduling appointments, calling customers and prospects
- Work independently on projects as assigned as well as regular recurring job tasks including filing and other office duties
- Promote customer relationships bank-wide
- Promote marketing of bank products and services to meet customers needs.
- Protect organization’s values by maintaining confidentiality of customer data.
- Serve as a customer contact for accounts, fielding questions, solving problem, forwarding inquiries to other staff as needed
- Be involved in community service and bank promotion efforts representing Farmers State Bank
- May attend training and continuing education as required to maintain credentials in trust, investments, and wealth management
- Develop and help initiate profitability measures and ideas for department
- Regularly look for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of department
- Observe and review processes and procedures to insure areas of improvement are made vision “Every customer feels like the ONLY customer-Every time.”
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or Business Certificate Program
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher as well as other computer based programs
- Strong communication skills, including well-developed verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Mastery of common math competence including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions used for balancing transactions
- Good natured and outgoing personality
- Dependable, willing to take initiative, have ability to prioritize, and plan work activities
- Be able to work with dictation equipment and produce reliable output from same
- Required confidentiality of customer and bank information
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a college or technical school; or three years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs as well as Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate knowledge of general office practices.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER